To get a closer look at our curriculum, we’ve fleshed it out below. Read on to see what exactly you’ll learn when you enroll in our program.
Week 1 – Introduction to Solution Selling
During week one, you’ll learn exactly what tech sales is, how to get prospects to like you, and how to determine if your prospects are a good fit or not for your company.
You’ll also get familiar with common tools that sales reps use like Slack, Google Suite, and LinkedIn. If you’ve never used Slack or created a LinkedIn profile, that’s okay! A lot of our alumni who work in tech sales now had never heard of Slack or created a Linkedin before they joined the program. We’ll teach you everything you need to know about the two tools.
- Solution sales
- Rapport building
- Intro to discovery
- Google Suite
- Create LinkedIn Page
- Write a LinkedIn Post
- Submit original resume
- Read about objection handling
- Engage With a Flockmate’s LinkedIn post
Week 2 – Inbound Sales & Discovery Calls
During week two, you’ll dive deeper into how you can tell if your prospects are a good fit for your company or not. You’ll also learn how to set up sequences of communication with your inbound prospects or potential customers who reach out to you first about purchasing your product. After class, you’ll put your new discovery skills to the test.
- Qualifying leads
- Inbound sales cadences
- Calendar invites
- Google Calendar
- Use our research template to research a real company
- Start new resume
- Leave a voicemail
- Update LinkedIn page
- Research mock company, draft an inbound email, and create a calendar invite
Week 3 – Outbound Sales & Discovery Calls
During week three, you’ll learn all about vetting your outbound prospects on the phone. Outbound prospects are potential customers who you initiate contact with and have never reached out to you before. After class, you’ll put your new discovery skills to the test and refresh your resume.
- Outbound sales cadences
- Company research
- ICP & IBP
- Elevator pitch
- Email cadence
- Email personalization
- Use our research template to research a real company
- Update experience section on your resume using ACR framework (Action, Context, Results)
- Create an IBP for the real company and draft a 30-60 second elevator pitch to someone who has never heard of them
- Draft an outbound email to a mock company
Week 4 – Outbound Sales & Prospecting
During week four, you’ll learn all about finding the ideal outbound prospects for your company, which is called prospecting, through product review sites like G2 and company research sites like Crunchbase. After class, you’ll put your new prospecting skills to the test.
- Cold calls and voicemails
- Strategic account penetration
- Create an outbound email cadence
- Edit the experience section on your resume by adding contextual and outcome-driven results
- Draft a cold call script
- Create a Loom account and Loom video
- Complete a prospecting document
Week 5 – Tech Tools
During week five, you’ll complete the first step of the Tech Tools module, where you’ll learn how to use one of the most common sales software around — Salesforce. You’ll also learn about the day-to-day of an SDR, as well as work on your resume.
- The Workflow of an SDR
- Format your resume
- Submit research document
Week 6 – Tech Tools
During week six, you’ll complete the second step of the Tech Tools module, where you’ll learn how to use another common sales software — SalesLoft. You’ll also learn how to enhance the cadence of your communication, as well as selling on social media sites like LinkedIn. After class, you’ll put your newly acquired skills to the test.
- Strategic cadence design
- SFDC/Salesforce integration
- Social Selling
- Complete social selling doc
- Create first social engagement post
- Set up SalesLoft account
- Create Calendly account
- Submit Capstone Outbound Doc
- Submit Capstone Inbound Doc
Week 7 – Tech Sales Interview Prep
From week seven to ten, it’s time to get prepared for your interviews. During this week, you’ll complete the first step of the four-step tech sales interview prep process, where you’ll get an overview of what a tech sales interview will look and feel like, learn how to tell your story, and learn how to nail your tone and energy. After class, you’ll hone your interview skills.
- Intro to tech sales interview
- Telling your story
- Tone and energy
- Create second social engagement post
- Complete Tell Your Story document
- Complete Interview Notes document
- Record video responses to five interview questions
- Complete interview story guide
Week 8 – Tech Sales Interview Prep
During week eight, you’ll complete the second step of the tech sales interview prep process, where you’ll run through different types of interviews and different types of questions that you’ll get asked. After class, you’ll keep putting your interview skills to the blade.
- Recruiter phone screens
- Interview question types
- Behavioral-based questions
- Performance-based questions
- SalesLoft (with Capstone)
- Use Company Research document to research a real company
- Record a 2-minute video of yourself answering a question from the interview story guide
- Complete behavioral-based questions & answer document and choose one question to record a video response to
Week 9 – Tech Sales Interview Prep
During week nine, you’ll complete the third step of the tech sales interview prep process, where you’ll learn how to make your intentions clear during an interview. After class, you’ll continue mastering the art of interviewing.
- Interview intentions
- Take-home assignments
- Complete performance-based question & answer document
- Choose two questions to record a video response to
- Complete Interview Intention document
- Complete two THAs
Week 10 – Tech Sales Interview Prep
During week ten, you’ll complete the final step of the tech sales interview prep process, where you’ll learn everything about on-site interviews, following up with interviewers, approaching the job search, and handling job offers. After class, you’ll get ready for graduation!
- On-site interviews
- Organizing your resources
- Email etiquette and interview follow-up
- Job search and job offers
- Google Drive
- Chirp (Flockjay Social Network)
- Write a letter to your future self six months from now
- Prepare some kind words in preparation for graduation to share with your trainers, TAs, and flockmates
Launch Your Career in Tech Sales Today!
Now that you know exactly what you’ll learn to become a fully ramped tech sales rep in just ten weeks, consider applying for our program! If you graduate and qualify for our career services, you potentially land a tech sales role at one of the top tech companies in the world, such as Salesforce, Zoom, or Gong.